Short for Humanity, Fuck Yeah. These are sci-fi/fantasy stories about how humans are different than other species.
Some of my favorite examples are:
- The Deathworlders is one of the original/foundational HFY stories. Humans are still pre-contact, yet there have been some that are illegally kidnapped/in space, and as it turns out, there they only ones to have evolved from a “deathworld” - a high-gravity planet with very competitive life.
- Contact Procedures. Humans are relatively advanced when an FTL gate is installed in their system. They are introduced to a corrupt government, figure out that said government is corrupt, gives them the finger and fights them. It’s one of the best-written stories in the subreddit.
- Intergalactic Challenge Games. Aliens host an Olympics-inspired event, this is the first event with humans, and humans troll the shit out of them. 5 part story.
- On the Shoulders of Giants is a look at human rocket development (as of mid-2018 or so, pre BFR -> Starship/Super Heavy rename) from the perspective of them being museum pieces.
- The Cult of Janus - Humans set up a religion to seed spies and soldiers expecting some galactic war. To keep it’s cover, the religion takes care of the community. Centuries later, another religion tries to start a holy war, and the Church of Janus responds.
- Humanity’s Debt. Doctors, fuck yeah.
- The Magineer is about a futuristic engineer w/ AI implants who gets dumped in an MMORG setting where magic is, at it’s most basic level, a programming language. Super interesting.
- Finishing The Fight is a halo/neverwinter nights fanfic. It’s written pre-Halo 4, which honestly is a plus in my book.
Last updated: 2021-04-12 12:26:52 -0700