Operating an aircraft solely by reference to instruments.
- Altitudes covers IFR altitude names. Also includes the definition of what you must see in order to descend below the DA/MDA.
- Approaches covers Instrument approaches and related topics.
- Navigation covers IFR navigation methods.
MARVELOUS VFR C500
- Missed approach
- Airspeed ± max(10 kts, 5% change) of filed TAS
- Reaching a holding fix (time + altitude)
- VFR on top: changing altitude
- ETA changed ± 2 min (3 min in the North Atlantic). Only in non-radar environments
- Leaving a holding fix/point
- Outer marker (or fix used in lieu of). Only in non-radar environments
- Un-forecasted weather.
- Safety of flight (emergencies and such)
- Vacating an altitude/FL
- Final approach fix. Only in non-radar environments
- Radio/navigation/approach equipment failure
- Compulsory reporting points. Only in non-radar environments
- 500 - unable to climb/descend 500 FPM
\$TIME. On IFR flight plan. Next position
- Aircraft ID
- Type of flight plan (except when communicating with ARTCC / Approach control)
- ETA and name of next reporting fix
- Name only of the next succeeding point along the route of flight (Point after next reporting fix)
- Any relevant remarks
Last updated: 2021-05-29 23:05:39 -0700