It’s loud, here’s the noise abatement procedures for a few of the airports I’ve flown out of.
I’m not a CFI. Hell, as of this writing, I’m not even a private pilot. Don’t take this as flight instruction.
Hawthorne Municipal - khhr
Available here, we have:
- Takeoff at Vy (best rate of climb). (Normal takeoff is Vx)
- Upwind to at least the end of the runway.
- Turn crosswind at 500 ft above field elevation OR by hawthorne mall, whichever comes first. (Normal crosswind turn is at 800 ft above field)
- Fly downwind over El Segundo BLVD. This means that your downwind will be much closer to the field than it otherwise would be.
Note that this is voluntary - but you should still follow it because aviation is already hated by the general public.
Santa Monica - ksmo
Available here. This is:
- Takeoff runway 21, fly over the golf course (turn 10 degrees left at end of runway, then right to fly over the golf course).
- Don’t turn crosswind until after you fly over Lincoln.
- Turn base at/around I-405/When ATC tells you.
Unlike Hawthorne, there’s an actual ordinance behind the Santa Monica noise abatements. Meaning that violating them is something you really don’t want to do.