Notes/thoughts on personal growth/adulting.
- Think before you act. Almost every single thing I regret in my life (and, wow, there are many) are because I didn’t think before I acted.
- There is always time to think. If you ever ask yourself “should I do/not do X?”, the answer is usually “don’t”.
- It’s not about you. Growing up, I was incredibly self-centered. A lot of my journey through life has involved learning to not be as self-centered.
- Actions matter more than just about everything else.
- Saying you’ll do X matters way less than actually doing X.
- In some cases, it’s actively harmful to commit to doing X when you could’ve just done X.
Last updated: 2020-01-14 13:46:16 -0800